First of all, if you’re reading this we want to say thank you. Thank you for your interest, your time and all the incredible input you've given us. This has been a fantastic project to work on and we feel like it’s going to get even better this year.
Time and resources are the great challenges of independent development. As we scramble to fit updates, releases and milestones around growing lives and unrelated careers we’ve had to take several breaks over the last two years. Again, thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for staying with us.
After some time in the shop, Asylum is coming back in a big way! This year we’ll be bringing you a lot more content and development. Here’s a quick look at what’s scheduled:
- In February we began a push for more art and graphic design assets. We’ve gotten some incredible work thanks to Micah Pearson and Moses Nester. We’re continuing the push throughout the year and will be commissioning even more artists.
- We’ve begun a sweet new site redesign that will feature our wonderful new art. We’ve got static models right now, and once those are tweaked and approved we’ll start implementing! Look for it in the next couple months!
- We’re going to be restarting regular updates here and on our Facebook page. In addition to the usual links to weird and wonderful things that inspire us, we’ll have gameplay content and a lot more transparency on just where we are with this game.
- There will be some more original content coming out including a storyline featuring a couple characters we introduced last year. The first chapter of which comes out on Friday!
- Our first public freebie will a character sheet for you to download and gawk at. It will give you a closer look at Sam Garcia, the ghost detective. Look for it in the next week or so!
- Our next public freebie will be a fully playable demo that includes intro module and six characters. A very stripped-down (no artwork, minimal formatting) version will be available at the end of the month to our playtest team.
- Were you a member of our Alpha or Beta playtest teams? We need you again! You’ll be hearing from us in the next day or so to schedule new playtests.
- Interested in becoming a playtester? Contact us here or on our Facebook page to sign up. Location is not an issue!
It’s an exciting time for us at Asylum. We’re honored that you’ve decided to be a part of it. See you Inside!